' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Altered Brush holder

Thursday 21 September 2017

Altered Brush holder

A Vintage Journey is running an Altered Art challenge this month, and that prompted me to turn one of the container I have saved from the rubbish into a brush holder.

First, I prepared the tube by applying 2 coats of Gesso, then I stuck down a piece of rice paper with gel medium. I painted the rest with pink and greenish yellow Fresco acrylic paints (Paper Artsy).

Some pictures of my holder showing the different "sides"

 
The stamp is from Rubber Dance (Summer Love) inked with Versafine ink.

 A piece of Rice paper from Imaginations Crafts (Pattern 342)
Some stencilling with Fresco paints (Paper Artsy)with a Tim Holtz mini Layering stencil (TH - 10).

And to finish I applied 2 coats of Ultra Matte varnish (DecoArt).

Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the Rubber Dance (Theme), Rubber Dance Forever Challenge, Creative Artist and Craft Stamper TIMI challenges.

13 comments:

  1. Awww! This is a super cool holder!!! Thank you for using our stamps in such a beautiful way. I love the shabby look you achieved.Thank you for entering our Forever Challenge on the Rubber Dance blog. xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully altered container.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't bought any rice paper but am always impressed how it turns out in projects. This is a great bit of altering xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rice paper makes a beautiful background, and I love your stamping and stencilling additions.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I should have said thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
      Alison x

      Delete
  5. Wow, you created some very very nice altered container. I really like the stamps that you choose. Thanks for sharing:)
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous altered brush holder! This will bring a smile to your face each time you go to it for a brush.
    Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Une bonne idée et une jolie boîte à crayons en résultat, très sympa cette réa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! Super project Christine. Love all of the different elements.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely. Great choice of colours. Thanks for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge blog. Good luck.
    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love practical art. A wonderful recycled piece. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love a good altered canister. This one is so beautiful! What a great project. We are so thankful you joined our challenge at A Vintage Journey. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE it!! Beautiful and practical, can't get better than that :-)
    Thank you so much for joining our Forever Challenge at Rubber Dance! ♥ My sincere apologies for being so late leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete